Johnny  Mack
Johnny Mack, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  6 years repairing macs and ipods and 3rd level tech support
28647879

I'm trying to print a document using the latest version of

Customer Question

I'm trying to print a document using the latest version of Reader (Adobe Acrobat Reader DC) on a Mac running Yosemite 10.10.4. The document contains mixed sized originals (letter/legal) and I'm using an HP 2 drawer laserjet with legal in one drawer and letter in the other. When I open the document up in Reader it views the pages with correct paper size and image orientation but when printing the image prints fine on the first legal page and then shifts a view inches towards the bottom of the page on every legal page printed thereafter. Letter size printing is not effected. I've tried printing as an "image" as recommended by Adobe Support Community, I've uninstalled and reinstalled Reader, the printer and have made sure all drivers/software are current and the problem persists. I have the same results at my office when using different model Laser printers.
Any ideas?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

Go to File > Print.

From the Page Scaling pop-up menu, choose Fit to Printable Area.

Let me know if that works?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Somewhat. It reduces the size of the image printed. The documents I'm trying to print are mortgage documents. The printed documents can not be resized and/or altered from the original. That being said the original printing issue remains unresolved.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Ok, let me see if the other experts have any idea on this.
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

In the Print UI for Reader XI there is an option that reads "Chose paper source by PDF page size", select this option.

See picture:

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Set the printer to use "Auto Select" as far as paper size too.

Expert:  Johnny Mack replied 1 year ago.

Hello there ! I can remotely connect to your mac and figure out what the issue is. I have sent you an offer for this service.