Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

It is taking iMovie forever to load. I gave up after 20

Customer Question

It is taking iMovie forever to load. I gave up after 20 minutes and had to force quit. I started a new project yesterday and it was working fine yesterday.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.
What version of Mac OS X are you using ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
os Yosemite
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I installed it 2 days ago and I am noticing it takes a long time for my computer to restart too
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
This usually happens if the iMovie preferences are corrupted or if there any issue with the Project file.
In Finder, hold down Option key on your keyboard, click on Go menu in the top and select Library. This will open Library folder. Open Preferences folder and trash the file named com.apple.iMovie.plist and all other files related to iMovie.
Also deleted all plist files related to iMovie. Launch iMovie.
If it still not responding, then open your home folder and open Movies folder. Then move the iMovie Project folders from there to desktop or any other folder and open iMovie.
Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just tried restarting it after having restarted the computer in safeboot and it loaded perfectly fine just now
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'd like to cancel this session
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I didn't have to do your suggestions. safeboot worked.. I should have just given it more time..
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Ok, please contact/email to***@******.*** for refund and cancel this session. Please don't rate the answer anything even if it asked. Please don't rate me bad or poor.
I will also request JustAnswer to refund you.
Have a great day,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks.