Dustin, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Over a decade putting the missing byte back into Apple. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

My ipad will not respond was charging all night could my power

Customer Question

my ipad will not respond was charging all night could my power adapter and/or cord need replacement? What else could be the problem please?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you. This could be a number of issues, all which are repairable in different manners. First, Id like to start with trying to reset the device and to see if it will power on at all. This wont erase any of your data. To start, try this. With the device plugged into a mac or computer. Press and hold down the sleep / wake and home button on your ipad for about 15-20 seconds. Does it show anything on screen when you do so? Please respond when you can and let me know what happens, and we will go from there. Dustin S.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
got a pic of itunes logo and connecter with arrow
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how do i get it to work?
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Excellent.. In that case.. All we should need to do is connect the Ipad to your computer. Start itunes. Then inside itunes select your ipad. And then click the summary tab. First, make a backup. And once the backup is made. Then, click restore your ipad.. It will reload the software. ( as long as you make a backup first, you wont lose any data on the ipad) If anything goes wrong during the backup and restore process, let me know! I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.Dustin S.Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.