Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I am trying to unlock an old Iphone. I put in sim card from

Customer Question

I am trying to unlock an old Iphone. I put in sim card from current phone but after multiple tries to remember passcode it locked me out saying I need to connect to I tunes. When I try to restore oon iTunes it says I need to go to I cloud settings on my phne to turn off find my phone but I cannot do that cuz I cannot gt on the phone
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.
You have to force-restore the iPhone through iTunes by putting it to DFU (Device Firmware Upgrade) model, which will erase everything from it. Normal restore won't work, you have to restore it by putting it to DFU Mode.
Follow the steps below to restore your iPhone by putting it to DFU Mode.
First download and install latest iTunes on your computer from here : https://www.apple.com/itunes/download/
Then connect the iPhone to your computer with the USB Cable.
Open iTunes application on your computer.
On your iPhone press and hold the Home button and the Power button at the same time.
After EXACTLY 8 seconds release the Power button. Continue holding the home button until your iTunes shows a message telling you that it has detected an iPhone in recovery mode.
Click OK or Restore
Note : Put it to DFU Mode while connected to computer and also in DFU Mode your iPhone will remain blank and will be unresponsive. Timing is critical when you put it to DFU Mode. So keep trying until it goes to DFU Mode. And it will take awhile to restore it.