Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I have a Mac Book Pro and a IPhone 5. I would like to Air

Customer Question

I have a Mac Book Pro and a IPhone 5. I would like to Air Drop some photos but it does not seem to work? I see both Icons but nothing works?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Did you try to drag a file to one of the icons?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Mike;
I dragged a file to Airdrop but nothing happens?
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
From the phone to the Mac?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The only way I know how to access Airdrop from the I phone 5 is to go to photos and hit the share Icon which gives me the Airdrop option along with E-mai, Message Etc...
Air drop does not seem to work?
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Did you look in your Downloads folder on the Mac? It just sends the picture but does not give you any message telling you it was successful.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing in Downloads. Isn't Airdrop suppose to show me the Phone Icon on the Mac and vice versa? It does not.
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Yes slide your finger up from the bottom of your screen on the phone and make sure it says "Airdrop: Everyone", then open any folder on your Mac and select Airdrop in the left column. Make sure it says "Allow me to be discovered by: Everyone" on the right at the bottom, then you should see the phone icon there on the right, too.
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Do you still need help?