Pete, Computer Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of computer experience, CISCO certified
30970729

I see that my Apple ID has been changed without my knowledge

Customer Question

I see that my Apple ID has been changed without my knowledge or consent. My Apple ID was
Sid%net.novis.pt
Now it is :
Heiki.Laanmets%gmail.com
When I try to install updates the AppleID is greyed out and cannot be changed. I enter my valid password ***** get told immediately that my AppleID is invalid and has been blocked.
I try to change the password, because this allows me to enter my original AppleID. I am refused because the password ***** ***** same as before. Reluctantly I enter a new password, which appears to be accepted and I start again.
Up comes Heikif***king.Laanmets – just as before !!
I try to contact Apple for support and get told that they want 29$ to talk to me.
Come back Microsoft – all is forgiven.
I am not happy.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Hi there, You will need to sign out of the incorrect Apple ID and sign in using your own Apple ID.Let me know if you need remote assistance with this.