Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

My photo booth screen is dark when I open up the photo

Customer Question

Hi. My photo booth screen is dark when I open up the photo booth. After I upgraded my iMac (2012 late) to Yosemite I cannot get a picture even when the green light is on.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.
Do you have any other application that uses the camera, like Facetime ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
May be. Not sure about Facetime, but I use it with my Skype. Without any problems 'til today.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Does Skype recognize the camera now ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The screen is dark with the SKYPE, too.It's late , Ashik. It took way more than 10 minutes. 3:20 a.m. I am tired. Can we talk tomorrow? As for the phone talk - I paid already for your help. should I pay the additional sum of 20 to talk to you on the phone?
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
We can continue tomorrow. Add a bookmark of this page or add this page to your favorites, so you can get back to me tomorrow directly without paying again.
You don't have to accept phone talk. It is only optional. We can continue here and I will stay with you until we sort this out.
Get some sleep. Good Night,