Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

My laptop turns off then restarts after selecting close do

Customer Question

My laptop turns off then restarts after selecting close down
Category: Mac
Expert:  Johnny Mack replied 1 year ago.
Hello there! Please state anything you have done to try and fix the issue thanks :)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried restart as i thought it might reset proceedures and sleep for the same reason
Lets try the following steps1. Shut down the computer.2. Plug in the MagSafe power adapter to a power source, connecting it to the Mac if its not already connected.3. On the built-in keyboard, press the (left side) Shift-Control-Option keys and the power button at the same time.4. Release all the keys and the power button at the same time.5. Press the power button to turn on the computer.6. Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys before the gray screen appears.7. Hold the keys down until the computer restarts.8. Release the keys.9. Test to see if the issue is resolved.