Johnny  Mack
Johnny Mack, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  6 years repairing macs and ipods and 3rd level tech support
28647879

Ok, so I recently had display issues on my MacBook Air (mid

Customer Question

Ok, so I recently had display issues on my MacBook Air (mid 2013) 13" A1466
I took it to Apple to find out what could be causing the problem (I'm no longer under warranty). They told me, I needed a new logic board & they show liquid damage, few dents. I had never spilled liquid on my Mac before. & the baby dent / scratch came from when I dropped my Mac a year ago & it was under warranty & needed a new display from being cracked. So, they replaced the display but not not the bottom half so it still shows the scratch /dent from that time.
Of course, they quoted me an obscene amount of $ leaving me to question whether I should purchase a new laptop.
I ended up having a 2nd opinion from a apple certified guy who would clean it for me (possibly get it working). He couldn't get it working but he was able to tell me it was not the logic board & it was the display assembly.
I purchased a display assembly in Amazon & installed it myself using ifixit guide online.
https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/MacBook+Air+13-Inch+Mid+2013+Display+Assembly+Replacement/15407
Everything works now & I was happy until I noticed that now my charger stopped working. My charger doesn't show green or ***** *****ght & it doesn't show its charging on the desktop. I'm on 12% now so I'm worried... As of now, I'm assuming the worst (until I can borrow a charger to check if it's just that) & wanted to ask your opinion.
1. Could i have done something accidentally while installing the display to cause this? If you could tell me what causes this to happen if it's not just a bad charger, could the I/o board be bad or maybe something got loose that I may have not pushed in all the way in the process.
2. Could it be a battery problem now? Could I have caused that?
FYI: I did notice the charger wouldn't light up all the but the mac was still recognizing it & charging so maybe my charger was going bad? Idk
Anyway, any advice or suggestion would be much appreciative.
Category: Mac
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
MAY I CANCEL MY QUESTION? I SOLVED MY OWN PROBLEM. IT WAS THE I/o to logic board cable needed to be fastened in better.
Expert:  Johnny Mack replied 1 year ago.
Hello there! There is a board with a connection that is on your macs charging port if those wires were not connected to the logic board then it will not charge or show any light. This is more then likely what is happening so make sure you seated every wire and didnt any when putting back to gether
.