Pete, Computer Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of computer experience, CISCO certified
30970729

Can't start Wordpress after using MAMP, on a Mac (Yosemite

Customer Question

Can't start Wordpress after using MAMP, on a Mac (Yosemite)
Category: Mac
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Hi there, To get around this,Start MAMP, and put in your password ***** active the servers.vVsit localhost/phpmyadmin, or click on the starter page button inside the mamp dialog box.Create a database and name it anything you like. be sure you copy it, or write it down because it is case sensitive.Now, open up your applications folder from inside finder, or how ever you get to the applications folder. Find mamp and open that folder. Inside of it there should be a folder called HTDOCS.This is where you are going to unzip wordpress into. or you can unzip wordpress to your desktop, rename the folder and then drag it into /applications/mamp/htdocs/Now, type this into the address bar of your browser: localhost/ and put the name of the folder. e.g. 'localhost/test'Here you will see the set up for wordpress page. there will be a button that says "configure". its the only button you can click.Then it will tell you you need to define the 4 basic's of wordpress. Click ok or configure, again the only button you can click.You will be taken to a place where you can type in the name if the database, or the one you just created, the username is ***** ***** be ROOT and the password ***** ***** to be ROOT as well. leave everything else alone.Click set up, or configure, and then it will ask you to name the site, define a username and password, email and if you want google to index your site. click install and then you should be good to go.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I paid $36 to get an answer from an expert. So far this is "cut and paste" from the online tutorial I have already used. My problem is in step number 6. The "local host/" typed into the address bar will not connect to WordPress. It won't bring up the set up for wordpress page. It has connected to my database folder. I've tried typing various locations after local host/ but nothing works.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Hi,This is the standard procedure when using MAMP. 1. What browser are you using?2. Have you tried using a different browser?3. Have you tried clearing cookies and cache?