Josh, Mac Support
Experience:  5 years as Network Admin, 10+ years of IT support
50836188

I accidentally clicked on restore back up now i lost all my

Customer Question

I accidentally clicked on restore back up now i lost all my new photos and messages, what can i do to undo it please?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.
Hi! What is the make/model of your phone?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.
The easiest way to "undo" it is to restore your phone to a more current backup -- How long ago was the backup that you restored to?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That doesn't help me at all, the latest back up was July 5th if i wanted to restore to the latest back up i wouldn't have a problem because i don't have any of my recent photos nor messages.
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.
Where are you checking the backup date at? iTunes or on the iPhone?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Itunes
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.
Check the date on your phone.. Go into Settings then iCloud then Backup What does it say next to "Last backup:" at the bottom of the screen under the back up now button?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the latest back up was on my computer not icloud, the back up on icloud was done only today at 7h55 so still not helping
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.
When do you need to restore to?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
like i said before i lost everything i had on my iphone from July 5th until today so i wanna have my messages and photos since that date.
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.
I understand. Please follow these steps carefully... You will need to do a factory restore on the phone then select restore from ICLOUD BACKUP and select the date from this morning On your iPhone, select: Settings then General then Reset then Erase all Content and Settings After the reset is complete, it will ask you if you want to restore from a backup -- You MUST select iCLOUD BACKUP and follow the prompts. After the restore is complete, everything should be back on your phone
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok i'm done here that didn't do what i wanted i have the same messages and photos since July 5th nothing since then, it was a complete waste of my time and money.