Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

Using FCP 10.0.7, and have made 20-30 DVD's running about 14-18

Customer Question

Using FCP 10.0.7, and have made 20-30 DVD's running about 14-18 Gigs each. I store them on external drives -- naturally -- but have recently encountered difficulties (red boxes with yellow warning signs) when I try to open them. Have just completed two more projects, and my computer start up disk is too full to hold more. AmI doing something wrong in saving them to an external drive. I followed instructions -- enter FCP, drag from the library list into the external drive, use the option # ***** (copy and referenced items). My question: is it safe for me to delete from my computer the two projects that I have burned as DVD's. I may want to come back to them in the future. Thanks
Category: Mac
Expert:  Johnny Mack replied 1 year ago.
Hello there since you copied the library list you can delete the projects with confidence. Also make sure to always have free space ( atleast 10% ) as that will effect performance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well, why have I been having problems with previous projects which I saved by following the same process?
Problems in saving them or opening them?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In opening them
If its opening them the files and everything you moved has to be moved back exactly to where they were before.