Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

When I'm on a bio page trying to put up a picture, it will

Customer Question

When I'm on a bio page trying to put up a picture, it will never let me go to Photos. Am I doing something incorrectly?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question To which application are you trying to insert the photo ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
outlook. Further, when I move something into downloads, desk or documents, I can SEE it, but when I go to click "open" to upload it to any software, it's nowhere to be seen.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
I believe Office application don't have the capability to browse the Photos library. This is the easiest way add photo to Outlook. Open Photos, then select, click and drag the photo you want out of iPhoto to desktop. The photo will be copied to desktop. Another way is, select the photo in Photos click on File > Export. Then export the photos. Now open Outlook. Add the photo you exported to desktop. Did that work ?
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Have you tried dragging and dropping them to Outlook directly from desktop or documents ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have, and it typically works, but what doesn't work is when I've just downloaded and resaved something into any folder (docs, desktop, pictures) -- it doesn't show up specifically on the function of "select" (hitting "open."). Hours later it might, but not then. I've saved to every folder I have before, and I see it go there, but I can't select it via the select functions to upload.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
It might be a permission issue. Go to Applications > Utilities folder and open Disk Utility. In Disk Utility, select your hard disk in left column (Macintosh HD), then Repair Permission. After that click Verify Disk and if asked to repair, click Repair Disk. Do this for your back up disk if any.
Then restart your Mac by holding down Shift key on your keyboard and this will boot your Mac to Safe Mode. Does it work in Safe Mode ?