Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

How pdo I recover an App that has disappeared from my screen

Customer Question

How pdo I recover an App that has disappeared from my screen on an iPhone6 when it is still in force? John Prescott
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.
What is the name of that app ? And what do you meant by when it is still in force ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ANZ Shield which is a security protection for a bank account and the bank advises it is still operational but I cannot see the App on my screen and thus cannot use it
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Did you download it from App Store ?
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Press and hold down the Power button and Home button at the same time until it shows the Apple logo (ignore slide to turn off message when you see it). When you see the Apple logo, release the buttons and let it boot.
Then open App Store, tap on Search. Then type ANZ Shield and select it. Tap the Get button or tap the cloud button next to it. This will download the application to your iPhone if it is not already installed.
Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately, I will not be able to call you. But I can give you instructions in here to solve the problem and I will stay with you until we fix this.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I follow this advice it seeks to download the App a second time but ANZ security won't allow that as they say the original is still operating. However I cannot use it because it has disappeared from my screen. Can I find the original hidden somewhere and use it again?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I withdraw the request for him to phone me
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
On your iPhone, go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset Home Screen Layout. This will bring all the applications to home screen. Can you see the ANZ app now ?
If not, in home screen, swipe down from the middle and this will bring Spotlight. Search ANZ and does it show there ?
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Make sure didn't move the ANZ application to any folders in home screen. Do the above steps and let me know the results please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will drop the request. Thanks for your responses. I have tried each advice without success and will now wait to work with the bank to fix the problem which will now take two days which delay I was seeking to avoid Regards
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
John, the above steps are supposed to work. Resetting the home screen layout would bring all applications to home screen regardless of they are hidden or not.
Since I couldn't solve your problem, you can contact the customer support at***@******.*** for refund.
Please don't rate me bad or poor. You don't have to rate anything if you are not satisfied.
Have a great day,