Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I was told that Safari 5 is no longer compatible with the new AT&'T/Ya

Customer Question

I was told that Safari 5 is no longer compatible with the new AT&'T/Yahoo email, but I have Safari 6.1.6, and ever since AT&T/Yahoo changed their email system, I haven't been able to get all the email functionality I used to have. Only Google Chrome gets me back to where I once belonged so that AT&T/Yahoo email works properly.
What's going on?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Viet - Mac Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.
I'm sorry about the issue. What happens when you use email in Safari? Is there any error or message?
Did you or the techs try anything?
Can you click on the Apple logo / menu, then click on About this Mac..., then tell me the Mac OS X version number and the Processor and Memory there.
Can I connect remotely to your computer, so I can fix the issue directly on your computer together with you?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I fixed the problem. The third AT&T tech I contacted told me to Reset Safari and my problem would be resolved. I reset Safari, and my problem with getting all the functionality out of my AT&T email was resolved. I don't think I should have to pay since you didn't answer my question. You just asked me more questions. So I'm not going to be charged, right?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please email me to let me know my PayPal payment will be cancelled or that my PayPal account will not be debited now. Thank you.
Great. I was waiting for you previously, so I could help you, but I'm glad you got it working now. Unless you have any other computer question/issue I can help with today, we are refunding your deposit. Thank you for the update.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry for making you wait. It was unintentional. I was caught up in trying to brush my teeth for bed while also chatting with yet another tech from AT&T who thought SHE had the answer to my problem -- and (this time) she did. I was caught in a ridiculous situation, but Reset Safari was a better answer for me than download Chrome and use it only for your AT&T email. Thank you also for letting me know you are refunding my deposit. Thank you for your time and patience.
You're welcome. No problem. If you have any other computer question/issue, please come back any time as you wish. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** you for being available.
You're welcome.