Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

My MacBook Air does not boot up. It just has a black screen

Customer Question

My MacBook Air does not boot up. It just has a black screen ?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.
Does it turn on when you press the power button ?
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Shut down the computer.Plug in the MagSafe power adapter to a power source, connecting it to the Mac if its not already connected.On the built-in keyboard, press the (left side) Shift-Control-Option keys and the power button at the same time.Release all the keys and the power button at the same time.Press the power button to turn on the computer. Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys before the gray screen appears.Hold the keys down until the computer restarts.Release the keys.