Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

My imac shuts down when I try to restart it it is a little

Customer Question

my imac shuts down when I try to restart it it is a little warm but not too hot i shut it down when i saw it downloading something and got scared
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.
At which stage does it go off ? Did you just shut it down in the middle of downloading software update ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It goes down when starting and the bar goes across a quarter inch and then crashes I tried unplugging waiting ten seconds plugging in, repaired some things on the Hd including contour finally they reinstalled because it still kept crashing, now I am scared the store sent me home with my back up to put in the computer they said it will ask me the country the wireless and then I out the plug in and click on symbol to start putting my time machine info backup in the computer. I am scared that my fax, printer, synchronized work folders, address books and email or special email folders I had set up to receive faxes and voicemail will not workūüėß
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't do it until my internet and home is up again today it was out all over the city yesterday
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
I believe they did a clean installation of the OS X, which means you already lost everything on the hard drive.
If you have a full time machine backup, then you can restore your entire Mac from that backup without using internet.
What you want to do is, turn off your Mac. Connect the external hard drive to your Mac (backup drive). Then turn on your Mac and immediately hold down Command and R keys at the same time for 10 seconds and this will boot to Mac OS X Utilities screen.
Select Restore from Time Machine option there and follow the onscreen instructions to restore from the backup.
Make sure you select a backup date that is prior to the problem occurred.
That should restore your entire Mac back to that date of backup.
If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,
It's me Ashik again. It has been a few days, so I am just checking in with you to see if you still need help. I want you to be happy with the service I am providing, so if we still need to work on this let me know.
If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them.
If you are satisfied with my service, please rate me as Good Service or Excellent Service (4 or 5 stars) and click Submit. Then only I will get credit for helping you. You won't be charged anything additional.
Thanks and Have a great day,