Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

Macair: Bluetooth Keyboard Setup window up and looking for

Customer Question

macair: Bluetooth Keyboard Setup window up and looking for a wireless keyboard. Can not remove it because trac-mouse will not respond
Category: Mac
Expert:  TechFortunate replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m glad to assist you today. I strive to provide excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back. I am happy to address follow up questions. I'm not entirely sure we can get to a resolution if you have a hardware malfunction - as that would have to addressed with an Apple repair center. But you can remove the window by using the keyboard only using the shortcut "command + Q" for quit. You may have to restart the computer to get the bluetooth window back or to get it as the front (selected) window as this shortcut will only work for that window.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tried that hours ago. Also held power sw and shut down..still there when brought up. Cursow seems to ave been disconnected while looking for wireless, which I do not have!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
any other ideas to delete the Bluetooth Keyboard Setup Assistant and allow cursor to operate?
Unfortunately, I have no other thoughts of the basic troubleshooting variety. Of course, your question is still open and other experts may have another idea.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well, you tried. That was worth $5, thanks. if I were to get an answer you can charge the remaining $13. By the way you have charged my account $13 , That was NOT the arrangement! I agreed to $5 plus $13 if satisfied! ChesterAm I not correct?
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
If you can borrow a USB keyboard:1. Shut down the computer by holding the power button for 10 seconds.2. Plug in the MagSafe power adapter to a power source, connecting it to the Mac if its not already connected.3. On the built-in keyboard, press the (left side) Shift-Control-Option keys and the power button at the same time.4. Release all the keys and the power button at the same time.5. Press the power button to turn on the computer.6. Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys before the gray screen appears.7. Hold the keys down until the computer restarts.8. Release the keys.