Richard, Apple Software Engineer
Experience:  IT Engineer for over 15 years
32989067

Daniel, I tried to change my password ***** my apple id yesterday and decided to use one

Customer Question

Hi Daniel, I tried to change my password ***** my apple id yesterday and decided to use one of the safari suggested passwords but now for some reason it has overwritten that password ***** keychain as wel as the safari preferences with an incorrect password ***** now when I try to log in the password ***** fills in automatically is incorrect and i can not find the correct password ***** and i don't know it either as it is a safari suggested password.
is there a way i can recover passwords that have been overwritten?
Thank you!
Tony
Category: Mac
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i guess i should add that i have 2 step verification and have lost my recovery key so reseting the password ***** appleid.apple.com is impossible.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there, and welcome to JustAnswer, I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.
If you are not able to reset the password ***** https://iforgot.apple.com/
Then the automated tools will not help you. You will have to call 0800(###) ###-####(Number in The Netherlands) and verify yourself over the phone. Once you have been verified, you can then have the password ***** there and use this on your computer.
If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Richard,
I have called them And they have told me that because I have 2 step verification they can't reset my password ***** I have me recovery code which I don't. Do you know if there is any way to view safari suggested passwords that have been overwritten by a new (incorrect) password? Is there a file somewhere that lists all passwords ever created by safari? Regardless of wether there was a new password *****? I have looked in the passwords in safari preferences and keychain to no avail. Thanks!
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
No sorry, there is no recovery option available as it is writing over the value, not deleting it.
If its been written over, and Apple wont reset it for you, you will have to get a new Apple ID sorry, which you can do here.
https://appleid.apple.com/account
If Apple have denied the request, that's the only option left.