Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I get Error 404 on my Mac links, e.g., the New York

Customer Question

I get Error 404 on my Mac for some links, e.g., the New York Times online edition. Also for a few others but most links work.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Kamil Anwar replied 1 year ago.
Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer.
Thank you for your question. I will do my best to assist you.
When did the issue start and who is your ISP with? Also can you send specific link to that site?
Optional Remote Connect Service - Quick Resolution
Would you like me to remotely connect to your computer and fix the issue - The remote service will be an additional service for $49.99 but will allow me direct access to work on your issue and fix it (while you watch on your screen). If you need remote service, reply with the words "i want remote"
If you do not need the remote service, then simply provide me the requested information above. If you need remote service reply me with the words "i want remote".
Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Started about 3 weeks ago. Our ISP is a local company, Volo, but it also happened with Verizon MiFi
Have you tried resetting Safari and tested this onto a Different browser such as Chrome?