Johnny  Mack
Johnny Mack, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  6 years repairing macs and ipods and 3rd level tech support
28647879

My Ipad 2 Model A1460 has died. I have it connected to my

Customer Question

my Ipad 2 Model A1460 has died. I have it connected to my computer along with my iphone and there is no life. I think I need to replace it but not sure what I need to do
Category: Mac
Expert:  Vinod Menon replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Sorry to hear about your iPad...:(
Let's try a reset first. Press and hold the power button and the home button together for 10-40 sec. Let's see whether it comes on. If not, connect it to the charger for about 20 minutes and try the reset again.
If that too does not work, I am afraid it needs to be repaired/replaced. You can take it into any Apple Store nearby or call apple care to set up the repair/replacement.
Hope this helps. Let me know if you find any difficulty.
Thank you
Vinod
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you I have done all the things you suggested - and I was hoping it was able to be fixed, but as you state, I think I need to take it to an Apple store to be fixed or replaced.

If I do have to replace it how do I transfer my data from this Ipad to the new one.

Expert:  Johnny Mack replied 1 year ago.
Hi there! your information is saved either to icloud or itunes or both. If you like try the steps below to enter a special diagnostic mode if it does not work after that then you will need a new battery as these ipads do not turn on when they do not detect a battery.

1. Plug your device into your computer with a USB cable.
  2. Turn off the ipad.
  3. Hold the Power button for 3 seconds.
  4. Hold the Home and Power buttons for 10 seconds.
  5. Release the Power button but keep holding the Home button.
  6. After about 15 seconds you will be alerted by iTunes saying that it has detected a device in Recovery Mode.

Make sure the device screen is blank and no logos are present ( iknow this is how it is not but itunes should say there is an ipad that needs to be restored)

Restore with itunes.