John T. F., Mac Druid
Experience:  20+ years in the computer/Mac industry
60674955

My son found an ipod touch while we were on vacation.

Customer Question

Hello, my son found an ipod touch while we were on vacation. after asking around at the front desk etc, no one claimed it so he kept it. We put it into DFU but itunes says only the original owner can restore since they have the find my ipod app etc. Is there anyway to bypass this?
Category: Mac
Expert:  John T. F. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, You are dealing with a feature called "Activation Lock". This is a high security feature and there is no way as an end user to bypass it. You must have that password ***** order to proceed OR the original owner must remove it from their iCloud account remotely before it would be is usable again. I know this is not the answer you hoped for but there is no work around for this feature as it works in tandem with the Apple servers. John