Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I charged my phone all night n when I woke up it wouldn't start.

Customer Question

I charged my phone all night n when I woke up it wouldn't start. it's dead Is there anyway to get my pics n contacts?Its a 4sIphone
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.
A rating is only required when we are finished this session. Remember, you are rating my service to you and not the JustAnswer website or the outcome of the answer.
First we can reset your iPhone and see if it works or not. Press and hold down the Power button and Home button at the same time until it shows the Apple logo. When you see the Apple logo, release the buttons and let it boot.
Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
where is the home button?
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Home button is the round button at the front bottom
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
shows a low battery
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Your iPhone is out of battery charge. So your files and data are safe. Connect it to the power for 20 minutes. Then reset it again and it will turn on.
Also, if you have setup iCloud on it and enabled Backup option under iCloud then all your contacts and photos should be backed up to iCloud.
So if you get a new iPhone, you can simply restore the backup to it by selecting Restore from iCloud Backup while setting up it (using the same Apple ID/iCloud ID you used on the 4S)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don/t think the battery will charge but I'll try. what if it won't?
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
If it doesn't charge, then you will have to replace it by taking it to the Apple store. You can also replace it yourself, let me know if you need instructions to do that.
If it is just the battery, then you will lose nothing. Replacing the battery will allow you to turn it on to home screen and you can backup your files then.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok will try in 20 min. thank you. Can I get u again in 20?
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Of course you can. Just don't close this page. Also, add a bookmark of this page or add this page to your favorites, so you can get back to me later.
If it doesn't charge from the power outlet, then charge it from your PC and also try another USB cable.
Let me know how it goes.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Meantime you can check the iCloud contacts from this website --> www.icloud.com
Go to the above website, login to your iCloud/Apple ID account. Click Contacts and you will see all the contacts there if you had setup iCloud on your iPhone.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Hi there, I'm just checking. How is it going ?
Expert:  Miel-cssm replied 1 year ago.
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you. (http://www.justanswer.com/mac-computers/969dk-charged-phone-night-when-woke-wouldn-t-start.html). Thank you, ***** ***** Customer Support Team.