Johnny  Mack
Johnny Mack, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  6 years repairing macs and ipods and 3rd level tech support
28647879

My iPad mini shut down and now it only shows the apple symbol

Customer Question

My iPad mini shut down and now it only shows the apple symbol flashing in the middle of the screen. i tried to power it down and do a reset, neither changed the screen. What else can i do??
Category: Mac
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you today!
When you did the reset.. Did you have it connected to your computer by a usb cord?
And how di you do t he reset, did you hold down the sleep wake button and the home key for 20 seconds?
Expert:  Johnny Mack replied 1 year ago.
Hello there follow the steps below to reset your ipad.Plug your device into your computer with a USB cable.Turn off the device.Hold the Power button for 3 seconds.Hold the Home and Power buttons for 10 seconds.Release the Power button but keep holding the Home button.In about 15 seconds you will be alerted by iTunes saying that it has detected a device in Recovery Mode.Make sure the device screen is blank and no logos are presentRestore with itunes.