Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

MS Excel 2013 running on windows 8.1 on a Mac with the use

Customer Question

MS Excel 2013 running on windows 8.1 on a Mac with the use of Parallel.
Within a pivot table there is a DataField which is designed to be the sort order for the report. when I bring the SortOrder field into the pivot table all is good. When i bring in the next field the sorting of the report is in alpha based on the second field that was placed on the report. this field is set for manual sort. last month I was demoing this file and have two versions... one that works correctly and one that does not work. They both came from the same source. My confusion is why this is happening so I can avoid in the future. I have deleted the sheet 2 times and recreated the pivot table to see if that would work, it did not. I do know that last month that the picking order and the placement of the sort field was important in order to obtain the desired results, for which I have not found any info as to the reason for this behavior. what i have is about 6 data fields in which all sorting of data is to be driven by the one data field, it works on one file but not the second.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
I am very sorry about your Excel issues. Can you please send me a copy or dummy copies of your working and non-working Excel sheets so that I can check the source of the problem and fix it for you?
You can attach those files here when you prely, or you can upload them at http://filesXpress.com and then give me the short download link for each file.
Please let me know so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess