Richard, Apple Software Engineer
Experience:  IT Engineer for over 15 years
32989067

My husband has needed a new phone sometime. I went

Customer Question

My husband has needed a new phone for quite sometime. I went with him kicking and screaming to AT&T yesterday to purchase a new Iphone 6. We had great service and the technician transferred all info from old phone to new. He needs to log onto Apple to transfer his music and apps. He sold his company a couple of years ago and his IT person always took care of any issues he had. Our problem is that he can't remember his Apple user name. He has the password, but the I think that the email account on file with Apple is no longer active. I tried resetting with his birthdate, but that may have been entered incorrectly by the IT person, because his actual birthdate didn't work. He has a separate AT&T account from me, so I can't reset and he doesn't know/won't learn how. He is in a VERY bad mood! Please advise how I can proceed to save the day.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there, and welcome to JustAnswer, I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.
Based on everything you told me, as he has made purchases, his billing information will be on file.
What you will have to do is call 800- 694- 7466
Once in contact with a customer service representative, you can verify yourself via the billing records and get the account enabled again. But due to privacy and security reasons, this has to be done over the phone.
I am still going to be here so If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen and then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Richard, thank you. I appreciate the help and don't mind paying the fee, but I do NOT want an account with JustAnswer and do not want recurring charges. Thanks!
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
No problem at all, don't sign up for the monthly subscription and then there are no charges apart from this one time fee for this one question.
That is no issue at all.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Thank you