John T. F., Mac Druid
Experience:  20+ years in the computer/Mac industry
60674955

While thinking I had a virus, I was sending some files that

Customer Question

While thinking I had a virus, I was sending some files that I am not sure why I was saving to the trash and while draggin I noticed I dragged the whole screen about a quarter inch and locked up everything at that point.
Category: Mac
Expert:  John T. F. replied 1 year ago.
Hello! My name is***** will work diligently to provide accurate advice and information.
Do you happen to know which version of OS X is installed on this Mac?
Thanks,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I don't. I have been answering but getting no response. I switched to my phone. Am I getting through?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have went through the pay process twice and nothing??
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am still not seeing any answers??
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I loaded Kasperski anti-virus a few months and I think that is what has caused this issue. I have deleted all I know how to delete but a portion of Kasperski remains. It just won't stop haunting me.
Expert:  John T. F. replied 1 year ago.
Apologies, I've been called away unexpectedly. However, please try the following. Press and hold down the power button until the Mac shuts off completely. Shutdown your Mac. Restart and, as soon as you hear the startup chime, press and hold the “OPTION” (or “Alt”) key at boot until the boot menu appears. Then, select the “Recovery" volume. (Alternative: If the above doesn’t work… Restart, hold COMMAND + R keys until you see the Apple logo and progress indicator. If neither of those work, try COMMAND + R + OPT.) Wait for “OS X Utilities” menu to appear (DO NOT CHOOSE TO INSTALL) Choose Disk Utility from the available options. In Disk Utility, select your normal, bootable hard drive volume from the list in the sidebar (usually "Macintosh HD"). Then, Click "Repair Disk" If it finds errors, repeat the process until it reports the drive is OK. Next, click "Repair Disk Permissions" Once the process has completed, choose “Disk Utility” > “Quit Disk Utility” in the menu bar at the top of the display. Then, restart your Mac and it should boot back into your normal Desktop. John