Dustin, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Over a decade putting the missing byte back into Apple. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I have been trying to create a personalized slide show

Customer Question

Hello, I have been trying to create a personalized slide show on my MacBook Air and the one feature that it says to use is the create button in bottom right corner but I don't have a create option??? Not sure what to do or if I can find it somewhere else
Category: Mac
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you. To start, I need to ask you a few questions. Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply. Also, what program are you trying to create the slideshow with, Iphoto, picasa, photoshop, photoshop elements? Thank you in advance for your response, Dustin S.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
10.9.5
Iphoto
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. Now, so I can provide specific advice. I need you to start Iphoto. Then, at the top left of the screen click iphoto, about iphoto. And send a reply letting me know what version of iphoto you have. Thank you, Dustin S.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Version9.5.1
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Ive attached a picture. Just to be certain, can you check the picture and let me know 2 things. 1. Your not seeing the slideshow icon that I have circled and pointed out? 2. Are you seeing the grey toolbar along the bottom, similar to whats showing in the picture?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes there is a slideshow button but not the other stuff that is showing in picture . If I press slideshow it will make a slideshow but it won't let me customize it anything I have looked up it says to go to events and press create to make my own slideshow from an album or an event. No cre if I press slideshow it will make a slideshow but it won't let me customize it anything I have looked up it says to go to events and press create to make my own slideshow from an album or an event I do no create option
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Understood.. If you want to manually change the order of pictures, and tinker with the settings. Then you need to create a saved slideshow. Heres how.
Select the photos (or an event, a Faces or Places group, an album, or a project such as a book, card, or calendar) you want in your slideshow.
You can always change the photos in the slideshow later.
If you’re in full-screen view, exit it by moving your pointer to the top of the screen and clicking the Full Screen button that appears in the top-right corner.
Do one of the following:
Click the Share button in the toolbar, and then click Slideshow.
Choose File > New Slideshow.
The new slideshow appears in the Source list, below Slideshows.
Type a name for your slideshow.
To reorder photos, drag photos in the photo browser at the top of the window.
To display photos in random order, see Change slideshow settings.
To choose a theme, click the Themes button in the toolbar.
To see a preview of each option, move your pointer over the thumbnail.
Tip: If you use Places to add location information to your photos, you can use the Places theme, which shows maps and the place names of where your photos were taken. You can also change the place names that appear in the slideshow. Select any of the thumbnail images for title slides in the photo browser (they’re black with a T in the center), and then double-click the place name text and type a new place name.
To play the slideshow, click the Slideshow button in the toolbar.
Source Apple.Support
If you run into any issues with the above steps, let me know. And if needed, I can connect to your computer from here and show you on screen how to complete the steps.
I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent submitted below this answer when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.
Dustin S.
Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.