Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

We uninstalled Photoshop CS3 to use CC from the Cloud. When

Customer Question

We uninstalled Photoshop CS3 to use CC from the Cloud. When we open a file in Photoshop, the "CUT, COPY, COPY MERGED, PASTE, PASTE SPECIAL & CLEAR" selections under "Edit" in the menu bar are all grayed out. Permissions for the file we open says "You have custom access", and there are no selections for "read & write", etc. We never saw "customer access" before, and are not sure if this is why the Edit selections are grayed out. What should we do so the Edit selections are not grayed out?
Thanks. George
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi George, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
I am very sorry about your Photoshop issues. Have you checked your Photoshop CC if there are pending updates for installation? Please try to fetch and install updates of your CC.
Please let me know your results so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello Jess, there are no updates for PS CC. We have the latest updated version.

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Denise,
Thank you for writing back with that information. Is this happening when you open ALL of your OLD PSD files? Or just a few of them?
Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello Jess, it is happening when I open all the tiff and png and psd files.

Denise

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Denise,
Thank you for writing back with that information and I am very sorry about your persisting issues.
Can I remotely access your Mac so that I can directly check the problem and fix it for you while you watch?
Remote access is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee ($10) regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.
Please let me know if you want this remote option.
Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I finally landed up calling Adobe and they remotely accessed my system and figured out it was a setting under select>all which is different on older versions of PS which would allow all the tools to be accessed. Thank you for your help.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Denise,
Thank you for writing back. I am glad that your issues were now resolved through Adobe's help.
If you need assistance in the future, you can request me any time here.
Thank you for using our service.
Best regards,
Jess