Pete, Computer Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of computer experience, CISCO certified
30970729

Using dsNikon7000 and taking both JPEG with Raw NEF

Customer Question

Using dsNikon7000 and taking both JPEG with Raw NEF pictures. After inserting SD card into my Macbookpro, I photos download using iPhoto in Yosemite 10.10.3, but afterwards A window pops up then that tells me all files that were raw NEFS were not imported
because not they were recognized. Is there Nikon Software to fix this either seperately on its own or to integrate as app into Yosemite 10.10.3 iPhoto so that NEFS get imported and/turned into raw tiff files that can be recognized. I have Adobe Photoshop/premier
elements 10 just sitting around and wonder if I would I be best doing what the stupid PCs required me to do ever since I started using a VAX RUNNING VMS back in 1987 and got caught up in the PC FRENZY with a simple command line,.... But THAT NOW HAS ME wanting
to go ALL Mac with mainly all MAC SOFTWARE AND TRASH MY PC DESKTOP BECAUSE IM ALREADY USING IPHONE, IPAD AND SOMETIMES, BUT RARELY THE MACBOOK PRO MY WIFE GAVE TO ME AFTER SWITCHING OVER TO HER MACBOOK PRO 4/5 years ago and swearing that once Macs are learned
then they are superior... But I need functionality y To import ds7000 Nikon camera NEFS and preferably with the Yosemeti 10.10.3 iPhoto or another Mac program or at least using a converting app from a trustable seperately company to then convert to like a
raw TIFF that I the. Use to import former raw NEFS into iPhoto Or, Is there a better Macbookpro photo program to be used for importing photos? I do not mind having to buy another Mac program or upgrading to photoshop elements. Thx, Jon
Category: Mac
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My correct cell number is(###) ###-####
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jon,
You will need to have the latest iPhoto software updates installed so that it supports the D7000 RAW files.