Pete, Computer Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of computer experience, CISCO certified
30970729

My apple laptop wont load up as normal, just goes to blue screen, sometimes the

Customer Question

Hey there, my apple laptop wont load up as normal, just goes to blue screen, sometimes the apple logo but usually not. Will make the initial sound for turning on. I had been using the photo editing which was going painfully slowly so i'd shut it down and since wont restart. Am a bit nervous now as my time machine had not been working properly and I'm desperate to not do anything that may further destroy or make impossible and retrieving of data (specifically photos). Any help would be awesome! cheers
Category: Mac
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.
If you are seeing a blue screen then you will need to reinstall OS X.
First though, try connecting your Mac to another Mac to see if you can copy the data off it - although the operating system is damaged, you may still be able to retrieve all of your data if the hard disk itself has not been damaged.