Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

The disc can't be burned because an unexpected error occurred

Customer Question

The disc can’t be burned because an unexpected error occurred (error code 0x8002006E).
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
What are you trying to burn and what application are you using?
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
open Terminal in Applications / Utilities copy and paste this line then hit Return and restart the computer and try burning again: rm ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.finder.plist
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't burn anything! In this case it was a data DVD using just the finder to burn, but have tried toast and that doest work either
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have done that already, makes no difference!
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Please go to the Apple logo at the upper left of your computer screen to About This Mac and give me this information: The exact system Version (listed right under Mac OS X) Processor Memory
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Version 10.9.2
3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
8GB 1067 Mhz DDR3
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
OK 1. Shut down the computer. 2. Unplug the computer's power cord. 3. Wait fifteen seconds. 4. Attach the computer's power cord. 5. Wait five seconds, then press the power button to turn on the computer. 6. Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys before the gray screen appears. 7. Hold the keys down until the computer restarts. 8. Release the keys and immediatelyhold down the ‘Command’ + R’ keys on the keyboard during the start up process when you see the Apple Logo you can let go. When the machine boots eventually you will see the OS X Utilities screen., select the Disk Utility and then select Continue. Then in Disk Utility select Macintosh HD in the left column, if there are two or it is named something else choose the first indented item, and then select Verify Disk on the right. If that says “OK” in green type then select Repair Permissions. If all is ok restart and go to the Aple Logo to App Store and run Updates to get to 10.9.5 you are behind, then try again
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK, but i have already tried the unplug & replug etc. I haven't zapped the pram & the command +R. I can try these thinks and download updates but this is going to take time. I am in the UK and it is close to the end of the day and I have work to finish. I suggest that we will have to pick up with this on Monday!
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
No problem come back when ready
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Mike. Sorry for the delay. I have tried all you suggested and I am still having the same problem. Now on 10.9.5 and permissions repaired.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hey Mike, I am pretty unhappy! I have tried everything you suggested (which has taken a lot of my time) I still have the problem and just checked my bank account and the full fee has been charged! I thought I would only be charged when my issue was fixed? Do I ask for a refund?
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
You can still get a refund. OK if you did all that and your system is up to date in that case you should try using an aircan or disk cleaning system to make sure that is not the problem. If the problem persists you probably need to replace it or get an external drive they are very cheap now.