Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I can get to log in and when I type in password ***** wheel below apple icon starts to

Customer Question

I can get to log in and when I type in password ***** wheel below apple icon starts to spin then no further …
Sure
Category: Mac
Expert:  Johnny Mack replied 1 year ago.
Hello there! My name is***** and I will be assisting you today. Please follow the steps below
Turn off your mac then hold the shift key. Turn on your mac continuing to hold the shift key for no less the 2 minutes.
try to log in.
if you cannot log in then do the following
1. turn off mac
2. Locate CMD and R keys
3. Turn on mac holding the keys from step 2
4. use disk utility to repair hard drive. Then reset.
5. if issue still persists follow steps 1-3 then select reinstall OSX.
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Try this:
Hold the power button for about 10 seconds then start the computer and immediately hold the Shift key until you see the Apple Logo. This is called Safe Boot and it will attempt repairs. If you get to the login screen put in your user/pass then when it boots up, restart the normal way. Let me know what happens after.