Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Mac Expert, 7+ years of experience in installation and trouble shooting of mac osx and apps
50064670

I have a photoshop question. I have a black and white image

Customer Question

I have a photoshop question. I have a black and white image and I want to change the image to look as if it printed on colored paper. Basically, I want to spectrum of the print to be black and green (just as example) instead of black and white. I can not do this by simply selecting white and replacing that color in a layer because of the gray tones. So if a gray is 70% black and 30% white, id want it to then become 70% black and 30% color. Thoughts?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 1 year ago.
Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Please remember these things when we deal with your issue. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. Please do not rate an answer, if you are not satisfied.
Can I remote onto your Machine and do this for you? It’s fully secure and you can see what I am doing at all times. If you wish I can send you the details to connect.
Regards
Jins
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This shouldn't be a technical or troubleshooting problem, I just simply don't know the steps to achieve that desired photoshop effect. Id prefer not to pay extra for the remote tech support.
Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 1 year ago.
Okay, which version of Photoshop ypu are using?
Regards
Jins
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also - this did not at all answer my questions - yet I just received an email saying that I have been charged?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Adobe CC
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I also have CS3 on a computer as well if it would be easier to explain using CS3
Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 1 year ago.
Please refer http://graphicdesign.stackexchange.com/questions/43250/converting-a-greyscale-image-to-a-single-solid-colour-with-photoshop-while-pres
Regards
Jins
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had actually happened upon that discussion thread as well. Unfortunately – it does not answer my question. In the case of that discussion, a black and white image is turned into white and a color. I need the opposite effect – where the image turns to black and a color, an effect in the case of that discussion, a black and white image is turned into white and a color. I need the opposite effect – where the image turns to black and a color that cannot be made through the same means
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry if that last comment didn't make much sense. To explain better – the link you provided explains how to take a black and white image and change the black "channel" into a color. Sorry if that last comment didn't make much sense. To explain better – the link you provided explains how to take a black and white image and change the black "channel" into a color. Unfortunately I need to do the opposite – change the white "channel" into a color
Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 1 year ago.
Please download the image from http://wikisend.com/download/589412/sample.jpg
Is this the effect you need ?
Regards
Jins
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will attach an example. I need the black and white image to look like the black and green
Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 1 year ago.
Refer the following image. I created witha different color. This is the style, right ?
http://wikisend.com/download/959576/SAMPLE2.jpg
Follow these steps:
Open image in Photoshop. If the image is in Grayscale mode, go to Image > Mode and change to RGB or CMYK mode.
Go to Image - Adjustments - Hue/ Saturation.
In the Hue /Saturation box, click on Colorize.
Play around with the sliders until you get the look you're after.
Click OK.
Regards
Jins