Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I have two separate mailbox on two separate Macs.

Customer Question

I have two separate mailbox on two separate Macs. One is iMap, one is POP. I want to merge into one and not have duplicates.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Viet - Mac Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.
I'm sorry about the issue. What email do you use, such as Hotmail, Yahoo, Gmail, AOL, etc.?
Are they one email address? Or two email addresses?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a POP email from Network Solutions and an iMap email from the same company
Same company, but is it same email address or two different email addresses? Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Lets make it simple. First scenario I have a***@******.*** (iMap) account on one Mac and the same account (iMap) on another. I want to merge the two without duplicates. I also have a***@******.*** account (POP) on one of the Macs that I want to merge into the iMap account without duplicates. All accounts are with Network solutions.
So this is the same email address on all computers. Are all the email messages all in the IMAP account already? i.e., anything in POP account should be in IMAP account already right?
Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There are two scenarios. Lets take them one at a time.
Scenario 1Two Macs with latest software Both have an iMap account from the same company. (Network Solutions). These accounts should be the same but they are not. I need to merge them and not have duplicates.Scenario 2On a single Mac I have a POP and iMap account from the same company with the same email. The POP account is no longer active. I want to move the archived emails to the iMap account (about 9000 emails). Again no duplicates.
I'm sorry, it is strange that the IMAP accounts are not the same. I'm not sure about this issue, so let me open this issue to other experts. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Lets stop. No work needed. I will work with the email company. Please refund all of my money. Thank you for trying.
I'm sorry; we have many experts here, and we guarantee our service, so don't worry. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please stop. I do not want any more help and do not have time anymore. Thank you. No charges whatsoever.
I'm sorry, if you'd like to, we can continue whenever you are available. Otherwise, we will cancel/ refund this for you. If you still need help with this issue or with anything else, please come back any time as you wish; we guarantee our service. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please cancel. Thank you. Please confirm cancellation.
No problem; we are canceling this per your request. If you still need help with this issue or with anything else in the future, please come back any time as you wish; we guarantee our service. Thank you.
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
IMAP accounts with the same email address have to be the same by design if they are not then something happened in the email program and just deleting the account and setting it up again should make it straight. As far as the POP account you will have to export all the email from that account and then import them to the IMAP version but duplicates can happen there is no way to eliminate that. Also there is a great app called Emailchemy that may help you automate this process:
http://www.weirdkid.com