Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I am worried my mac has been compromised by some intrusive people. App

Customer Question

i am worried my mac has been compromised by some intrusive people. Applications I had installed have disappeared and it takes forever to load any webpage. the machine was purchased new in Jan. 2014
Category: Mac
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Has anyone as of yet had physical accesss to the Mac that you are suspect of?
And are there any apps installed that you do not recognise?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no. just missing things like my iPhoto is wiped out. I transferred my stuff from snow leopard. Time machine was set up, but now that is disabled and doesn't know any disks. I got a notice from apple las month saying I had never logged in with this device, but I registered the computer with it new in January. I had explorer and another phone archiving software on this machine as well all this information is missing.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, all sounds like just general problems with the Mac Patricia, nothing suspect, plus being a Mac it is very hard and time consuming to gain access and you need physical access for this.
Where were your photos within iPhoto stored?