Richard, Apple Software Engineer
Experience:  IT Engineer for over 15 years
32989067

HiI'm traveling in South America and am having a lot of problems

Customer Question

Hi
I'm traveling in South America and am having a lot of problems with my iPad. I purchased it in Canada in March and now need help as there are several problems.
First the photos stared to have black out areas like squares covering the photos or black areas cropping across the top or bottom or both. I took it to a MAC store in Valipariso a city in Chile. They could not correct it.
Second now it will not fully charge and I can not open it by sliding the screen to enter my security code. The message on the screen is "IPad is disabled connect to ITunes ".
I'm in San Juan Argentina and I have not found a MAC store here.
What do I need to do? Help!!!
ITS ONLY THREE MONTHS OLD AND STILL UNDER WARRANTY WHY DO I NEED TO PAY ANYTHING???
Category: Mac
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there, and welcome to JustAnswer, I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.
As the first step, can you please hold the power and home button on the iPad until you see the Apple Logo, then release the buttons and let the iPad restart.
Once it has, tell me if you can at least unlock it.
Let me know the results please
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Please let me know
Thank you