Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
Experience:  worked as a Tech support Associate for Apple products
51110040

My icon -mails is showing 136 e-mails on my I-pad , when

Customer Question

my icon for e-mails is showing 136 e-mails on my I-pad , when I open it, it goes blank then puts me back on to icon. Cannot access my e-mails?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Vinod Menon replied 1 year ago.
Hi
I am Vinod. I will try my best to help you resolve this issue.
Sorry to hear about your issue..:(
Let's try some basic troubleshooting first.
Let's start with a simple reset. Press and hold the power button and the home button together until you see an apple logo.
If that does not resolve your issue, let's reset all settings by going to settings > general > reset > reset all settings.
If that too does not resolve the issue, you may need to try a restore. Open itunes in the computer and connect the ipad to the computer. Your ipad would now be listed in itunes. Click on the ipad logo in itunes and now, to the middle of the screen, you will find an option called "backup ipad". Backup the ipad first (if you are backing up to icloud instead, you can do that as well). Once the backup is complete, click on "restore ipad" to restore the ipad. After the restore is complete, you will asked how to setup the ipad - choose "restore from backup" and select the latest backup.
Let me know if it still does not resolve your issue.
Thank You
Vinod