Christopher Love
Christopher Love, Expert
Experience:  Owner at CJL & Associates
70121091

How do i pull a jpeg image from my mac desktop onto a powerpoint

Customer Question

How do i pull a jpeg image from my mac desktop onto a powerpoint document without losing clarity??
Category: Mac
Expert:  Christopher Love replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is Chris. I would try this: Open your image on the desktop and save it as a .bmp file. Then add the Bitmapped (.bmp) image to your powerpoint doc. Images are larger this way but should avoid the distortion that's caused by compressing the file to a .png or .jpg image.
See if that helps. If you need further help, let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i don't have an option in preview (mac) to save as a bmp file. I have jpeg and tiff but no bmp extension....
Okay on no .bmp option. I'm looking at your question again and would like to know a little more detail on the Image on your Mac screen. Is it your desktop background image that you are making a screen capture of?
If the image is a stand alone file, what is the file extension? Can you use the grab window command from Preview and see how it looks as a "Tiff" file?
Or Grab Selection?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
first I opened up a JPEG file on my desktop and tried to copy and paste into a ppt doc. Then I tried dragging the close file onto the pot page. Neither worked. I just tried grabbing and saving as a tiff file but no go. It compresses when it moves into ppt.
Can you send me the image? If you can send it via Wikisend.com or Dropbox, I'll try to duplicate the problem on PPT.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok will send in a bit....
Thank you. I have to leave for today. Is tomorrow ok? If not, I'll opt out to the other experts. I'll be in all day tomorrow.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tomorrow is good ...thanks
Ok on tomorrow. Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
see link attached to a dropbox folder where i placed the original image file I am trying to load into a ppt doc - - the ppt doc which has the compressed file is also in the folder...i had to load them onto dropbox because the files were too large for JustAnswer....https://www.dropbox.com/sh/29u7dhf915uit4h/AAA3w083ZiQ7zYupih5Dvo3ta?dl=0
Here is the original image file save as a .bmp file. I imported into Power Point and it looked good. Just use the Insert Picture command. Good luck
Here's the file:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/cjgnkxjto4uvme5/Orignal.bmp?dl=0
I did this with Paintbrush. Here is a link to download for Mac
http://paintbrush.sourceforge.net/downloads/
Be careful to only install paintbrush.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks! I got your bmp file.... but it's still not as clear as my original jpeg...and to me, the clarity of the bmp file is the same as how the image looks in the ppt slide....
Hmm. I'm afraid the resolution and sixe of the image is too low to expand on your PPT app. It's only 178 X 178 pixels. You would need a higher resolution to display in Power point.