Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I have video on a Canon Powershot SX 30 IS that I am trying

Customer Question

I have video on a Canon Powershot SX 30 IS that I am trying to download to my MAC and wondering if I can use with iMovie
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.
Your Camera is not officially supported on iMovie. But you can try to import and see if it works or not.
Connect the Camera to your Mac with the USB cable and put it to USB mode (on camera).
Open iMovie and if it doesn't recognize it automatically, then click on File > Import. Select your Camera and import.
If it doesn't recognize your camera, then iPhoto should recognize it.
Open iPhoto and it will recognize it. If the videos are in AVI or MP4 format, then you will be able to import them iPhoto. '
If you have any difficulty, please let me know and I will continue to help you.