Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I ordered " All quiet on the western front" and a receipt/order number

Customer Question

I ordered " All quiet on the western front" and a receipt/order numberDO1-9549795-3885660. My credit card was debited $7.49 in favour of Amazon.
My credit was also debited a further $8.99 in favour of Audible p/l
I only need the text copy. What can you do?
My other "problem" is that I cannot find the text copy or read-only chapter 1 appears on the screen
Please have patience with me As I am 70 years old and have just been given an iPad and this is my first attempt to buy a book. Please advise me what you can do to help
Mike Duigan
Category: Mac
Expert:  Viet - Mac Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer / tablet professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.
I'm sorry about the issue. How did you order the book?
Is Internet / Safari currently working fine on the iPad?
Do you have the Kindle app installed on the iPad?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The answers to your questions areas follows:
1. I ordered the book on my iPad
2. Yes Internet/safari are working
3. Yes and I acces it via the icon on the opening screen page
Mike Duigan
Thank you. Please press and hold both the Power (On / Off) button and the Home button (which is located right below the screen) together for at least 10 seconds, until the Apple logo appears, then wait a bit, then check.
- If that does not work, please uninstall the Kindle app by tapping & holding on the Kindle app icon, then tap on the "x" icon,
, then go to App Store icon, then type/search for kindle
, then download / install the Kindle app from the App Store
, then when prompted, make sure to sign in with the same email address you've used to purchase the book.
- If that still does not work, please go to the website below:
http://www.amazon.com/manageyourkindle
, then sign in your Amazon account if prompted
, then click on the Action button of that book, then select the Deliver option, then select the iPad device, then select Deliver.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You appear to have debited my account without me being able to verify whether your proposed solution deals with my queries which were:
1 why was debited twice foe the same book?
2 can you credit me for the audioversion of the book
3 how do I acces the book as all Iam getting is chapter 1
Your fee for suggesting a solution is 5 times the cost of buying the book from you as against buying at a second Hans bookshop
Mike Duigan
I'm sorry. I'm not affiliated with Amazon / Kindle, nor Apple / iPad. I'm an independent technician. I'm here to help with your Kindle app and/or any other issue with your iPad. Please let me know if you'd still like me to help; we guarantee our service.
Please let me know your option. Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Did you get your situation with Amazon resolved?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No! Origins
Answer/suggestions resolved nothing; follow up questions ignored. $34 worth of queries about a $7 book and I still can,t access the bloody thing. Unlikely to use the are ice again
Md
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
OK well you have to understand that this is not Amazon you know that correct? I assume you have the Kindle app installed on your iPad correct:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/kindle-read-books-ebooks-magazines/id302584613?mt=8
____
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Once you install the Kindle app on your iPad you just sign in and all your purchases will be there:
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have given up and have got the book at the local library
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Great!