Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
Experience:  worked as a Tech support Associate for Apple products
51110040

My Ipad was dropped in the desert, and then ran over by a following

Customer Question

My Ipad was dropped in the desert, and then ran over by a following ATV vehicle. The screen is shattered but still intact. No reposnse from the on/off button. Will I be able to save the data and history that I have accumulated on it? I will be happy to send it in for repairs etc.. Or I would buy a new one and transfer the data, what ever you guys think is best... thank you..
Category: Mac
Expert:  Vinod Menon replied 1 year ago.
Hi
I am Vinod. I will try my best to help you resolve this issue.
Sorry to hear about your iPad..:(
I am afraid the physical damages are not covered under the warranty, so getting a new one could be a good choice as the repair costs are also high.
The retrieval of data depends on whether you have the backup in iCloud or iTunes. If you have, then it is easy to transfer to the new device.
If you don't have a backup, connect your iPad to the computer and open iTunes in the computer. If iTunes recognises your iPad, click on the iPad logo in iTunes and you can find a "backup iPad" button. Click on it to backup so that you can transfer the backup to the new device
Hope this helps. Let me know if you find any difficulty.
Thank you
Vinod