Johnny  Mack
Johnny Mack, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  6 years repairing macs and ipods and 3rd level tech support
28647879

Just changed my batteries on my portable keyboard and it

Customer Question

Hi. Just changed my batteries on my portable keyboard and it appears locked. I pushed button and get flickering green lights the nothing. Help!
Category: Mac
Expert:  Johnny Mack replied 1 year ago.
Hello there! If this is a apple keyboard follow the steps below to resync your keyboard
Press and release the On/Off switch to turn on your wireless keyboard.
The green LED should begin blinking if the keyboard is not already paired and connected to another computer. The blinking LED indicates that the keyboard is in the discoverable mode. If you don't pair your keyboard with your Mac within three minutes, the indicator light and keyboard will turn off to preserve battery life. If this happens, press the On/Off switch to turn your keyboard on again. Note: If the LED doesn't turn on, make sure you have good batteries in the keyboard and that they are properly installed.
On the computer you wish to pair the keyboard with, choose System Preferences from the Apple () menu, then choose Keyboard from the View menu.
Click “Set Up Bluetooth Keyboard ...” in the lower-right corner to open Bluetooth Setup Assistant.
Select your wireless keyboard, then follow the onscreen instructions to pair it with your Mac. You will be asked asked to enter an 8 digit passkey. Important: You MUST press Return after you enter the 8 digit code.