dresteve2000
dresteve2000, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in electronics and computers
71208907

This is an i pad restore issue. When the restore program asks

Customer Question

This is an i pad restore issue. When the restore program asks for my apple ID (email address)...I enter the email address and the apple pswd associated with the apple ID...and the program says the apple ID email address is invalid...this was previously submitted to you but I decided not to pay the $34.
Category: Mac
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm going to bed. Please contact me tomorrow 6/3/2015.
Expert:  dresteve2000 replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am A. Stevens here to help with your question!I'll be in touch tomorrow...just sign in and reply to this chat when you are available tomorrow. I should be available from 8am-5pm CST.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In order to activate my used apple I pad mini I require the previous user's apple id and password. Since I bought the used I pad mini tablet on line from an amazon.com third party seller, I cannot activate the device because I'm unable to obtain the previous user's apple ID and password ***** seller. So I have an expensive paperweight. I used apple restore program to erase/reset the device to default setting. The restore program requires previous user's apple ID and password ***** are unavailable. Please do not pursue this problem any further. The charges from your company should be only $5.00 since the problem is not solvable...and your research and work for a satisfactory solution is no longer required. Please confirm only $5.00 to be charged to my credit card.
Hi - sorry to hear about your issue...yes it means that the device is iCloud locked. As far as the charges go, all you need to do is rate with a positive rating here and then contact JA customer care to confirm your billing question. You can contact Just Answer Customer Care/Billing at these places:Email:http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-usPhone:US/Canada 1.***-***-****Australia 1.800.679.634New Zealand 0800-452-621United Kingdom 0***-***-****The rest of the world 1-***-***-****