Christopher Love
Christopher Love, Expert
Experience:  Owner at CJL & Associates
70121091

How do I turn the volume up on Garage Band (Mac

Customer Question

How do I turn the volume up on Garage Band (Mac application). I have a portable keyboard that I plug into my computer and I'm using Garage band as the audio device (there is no audio on the actual keyboard itself). Even though I have the volume up all
the way on the computer, the sound still comes through so soft. I have to be at home alone, in silence to barely hear it. I've been using headphones, but that isn't very convenient and I'd like to know how to turn the volume up. Can you help? Let me know if
you have any questions or need clarification. Thank you!
Category: Mac
Expert:  Johnny Mack replied 1 year ago.
Hello there! My name is***** and I will be assisting you today. Sometimes resetting the sound card helps with volume issues. Try the below please.
1. Shut down the computer.
2. Plug in the MagSafe power adapter to a power source, connecting it to the Mac if its not already connected.
3. On the built-in keyboard, press the (left side) Shift-Control-Option keys and the power button at the same time.
4. Release all the keys and the power button at the same time.
5. Press the power button to turn on the computer.
6. Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys before the gray screen appears.
7. Hold the keys down until the computer restarts twice.
8. Release the keys.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is the MagSafe power adapter? This is what I use to connect the keyboard to my computer, http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/UMOneMk2?adpos=1o1&creative=55226096281&device=c&matchtype=&network=g&gclid=CMf4g8u398UCFUFrfgodKwQAyA. Also, my keyboard is a Studio Logic, Midicontrollers TMK88.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also, what do you mean by: 3. On the built-in keyboard, press the (left side) Shift-Control-Option keys and the power button at the same time. Are you referring to my Mac keyboard? Because the only keys on the keyboard are for playing (the piano).
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello, is someone there to help me?
Expert:  Christopher Love replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is Chris. Have you tried Open Track "i"info, click on "Details", click the pencil icon to the right of the Generator PopUp menu, and raise the volume slider?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Christopher. I have not tried that yet. I am at work but will try this tonight and get back to you.
Good luck..