Richard, Apple Software Engineer
Experience:  IT Engineer for over 15 years
32989067

I have two step verification only yahoo mail account. I have

Customer Question

I have two step verification only yahoo mail account. I have an iPhone and have been logging onto my yahoo mail for years with the text or call two step verification. Today I do not get the texts nor a call with code to log on. I am able to log on to my other email accounts at gmail with the same two step cell number. The yahoo account is my main account and they do not respond to my emails for help. I have alternate yahoo mail accounts without two step verification. I did not list them as alternates for recovery emails for main acct. Password ***** same for a few weeks now. So not password ***** I don't get text verification.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
What exactly happens when you try to sign onto your Yahoo account via your iPhone and via which app on the iPhone do you do this on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from yo. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You can call me at(###) ###-####
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I did not see a response to my question
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have no app on iPhone for yahoo. I have been getting two step verification texts or call for years without a problem. It comes directly to my iPhone. I logged on today with same yahoo PW and got to two step verification . text did not come on HP desktop as well
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have not changed any settings on mac iPhone router etc .Worked fine yesterday. I get two step texts for gmail today?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there a problem at yahoo mail? Have two other yahoo mail acts without two step verification.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks
On the iPhone hold the home and power button for about 10 seconds until you see the Apple Logo, then release.
Let the phone restart and then try to sign on and tell me if its received.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did that this morning twice. I will be locked out as I have tried everything. On both mac and HP desktop. I get texts from gmail. Not yahoo. Account compromised?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If not hacked then its yahoo mail?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
This is what I am concerned about but wanted to rule out the iPhone at fault.
Install the Yahoo Mail app on the iPhone from the app store, open it and try to access the account there.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK ill try but its worked for years till today
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
thanks, ***** ***** know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a long character PW with upper case numbers having a hard time putting upper case $%^&* in iPhone yahoo acct
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
got it numbers are not upper case. ill try to sign in now
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
There is no such character as uppercase $%^&*
They are just symbols, they do not have capitalization, you just enter them in.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
just signed into iPhone yahoo mail app. PW went through and they sent text to my phone. Did not receive.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tried again logged on as far as verification. Will not allow me to send code by "call" instead of text. Grayed out and when I press call .It goes to "sent text" again no text
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, can you disable 2 step verification via your computer using the instructions below
https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN6050.html
Then enable it again, entering in your phone details. then test it and tell me if you now receive the text messages please.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't disable without being able to log on? Ill try the link
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cant log on to disable 2 step
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
tried again on HP and reset mac and cell. I believe someone compromised my acct. How can I reach yahoo to close or recover acct? They do not respond
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All my credit card info and files are on that account as well
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, then it all points to your account either being corrupted or hacked.
Your only option now is to fill in this form
Click me to view
Explain we have tried all methods to regain access but cannot and the text are still not being received, pointing to a hacked account
Make sure to put the information in as accurately as possible.
Allow up to 48 hours for a response and if you meet their information requirements, then they will provide you the instructions to regain access, request more information from you or deny you access in that case you would need to make a new account. But these are the only options left available for your situation.