Johnny  Mack
Johnny Mack, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  6 years repairing macs and ipods and 3rd level tech support
28647879

Mike. When I open Entourage I get an error message saying

Customer Question

Hi Mike. When I open Entourage I get an error message saying I need a root certificate for st11-mail-me.com.akadns.net. I have looked at one of your previous posts and changed the DNS settings in System Preferences (to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4) but I'm still getting the error message. Can you help?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Johnny Mack replied 1 year ago.
Hello there! Try the following as well

1. Open Keychain Access, which is in the Utilities folder within the Applications folder.
  2. From the Keychain Access menu, choose Preferences.
  3. Click General, then click Reset My Default Keychain.
  4. Restart mac open entourage
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Johnny - that still didn't work. The full error message is as follows: Unable to establish a secure connection to st11-p00-impap.mail.me.com.akadns.net because the correct root certificate is not installed.

What can I do next?

The only other issue that would give you that error code is the date being wrong. Make sure everything is correct and if not your might have to unsync.

Go to System Preferences>iCloud, uncheck Mail, restart your Mac, then check Mail again.

and if it still persist

Go to Mail's Accounts preference pane ( from mail then prefrences followed by account), delete the mail account, reset /restart and add the account again.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Date and time is correct. I've unchecked and rechecked Mail, still the problem persists.

I haven't deleted the mail account in Mail, because the problem is in Entourage, so I'm confused as to why I need to delete and reset my Mail account?

I've been on to the Apple support page and it says the *mail-me.com is a blocked certificate. Could this be the issue?

Well you would remove the account from entourage then. We trying to have your mac resync with your email account (in whatever program) you use.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I deleted my account in Mail, restarted my Mac, set up the account again, went into Entourage and the error message still came up!