Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech
Experience:  Support Mac laptops, desktops, & iPhone, iPad, iPod, etc.
30037186

My iPad lasted 4 months, then it died, I got it to work again, but whe

Customer Question

My iPad lasted 4 months, then it died, I got it to work again, but when I shut down, it wouldn't power back up.
Today it "accidentally" powered up, I charged it up to full, went to the store, put it "to sleep", when I got home... dead as dogcrap!
It seems like it only works when the battery is near dead!
Category: Mac
Expert:  Johnny Mack replied 1 year ago.
Hello there! My name is***** and I will be assisting you today. Sounds like your iOS isnt properly managing your power. Please follow the steps below to fix that issue.
Plug your device into your computer with a USB cable.
Turn off the device.
Hold the Power button for 3 seconds.
Hold the Home and Power buttons for 10 seconds.
Release the Power button but keep holding the Home button.
After about 15 seconds you will be alerted by iTunes saying that it has detected a device in Recovery Mode.
Make sure the device screen is blank and no logos are present
Restore with itunes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, I can't hear so I have no use for iTunes, so why would I need to restore with I Tunes?
I just want my iPad to work!
the reason why i said itunes is because apple made it to where iTunes is a required software for your ipad. You can reset from the ipad itself as well if you do not have a computer available
Tap Settings > General > Reset > Erase all Content and Settings.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is iTunes already on my iPad?
Expert:  Viet - Mac Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer / tablet professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.
I'm sorry about the issue. I'm another tech; I can help you with this.
Do you still need help with this?
Besides the iPad, do you also have a Windows or Mac computer?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok,
First, is every word I write going to sock me 19 bucks, and I don't think for a milliseconds that it could be fixed on line, I don't have a computer with eVilnet capabilities, so I'll have to use someone else's computer. I'll let you know when that happens.
No, there is no additional cost, so don't worry. If it's not hardware issue, then I can fix online. You may need a computer in order to fix the iPad. But have you tried this first: Please press and hold both the Power (On / Off) button and the Home button (which is located right below the screen) together for at least 10 seconds, until the Apple logo appears, then wait a bit, then check.