Richard, Apple Software Engineer
Experience:  IT Engineer for over 15 years
32989067

I was browsing and sudden I get this message saying that my

Customer Question

I was browsing and sudden I get this message saying that my computer is infected with a trojan horse virus, I checked and apparently is not infected, but I cannot close that page and have safari working again, how do I do that?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there, and welcome to JustAnswer, I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.
Its a scam that people do, you wont get infected this way
Best is to hold the power button down until the computer powers off
Then turn on the Mac and you will be ok
If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did that and it does not go away should I try again?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
No, in Safari, Click Safari in the upper left hand side of your screen. In the menu that appears, click Preferences.
In the window that appears, click the Privacy tab. Click the button Remove All Website Data....
Click Remove Now in the pop up window that appears.
Then redo the restart and tell me if its now gone please
I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I search for help on other sites, and found the solution for free, thanks anyway
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
I gave you the answer.... and afterwards you found it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No your first answer did not work, and your second answer came after I found the solution somewhere else, it was not quick enough.
But thanks anyway
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, its a process of elimination and second answer was 58 seconds after the first, but main thing is it is now fixed
If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Thank you