Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I removed my ipad from icloud. When I logged back in, lost

Customer Question

I removed my ipad from icloud. When I logged back in, lost the majority of my files. Is there anyway I can retrieve my files back?
Answer only if you have a solution!
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
I'm afraid I can't be sure of a solution until I ask a few questions first?

Go to iCloud.com with your computer, sign in and then click on iCloud Drive do you see your files there?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Nothing in iCloud drive. Never saved anything in iCloud drive

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Then what did you lose?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I lost my iCloud

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

I don't know what you mean there are only certain things that are saved in the iCloud what did you lose exactly? You can't lose the iCloud, what is missing?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

All of my photos, the majority of my contacts, all of my apps are gone after the warranty guy asked me to remove iPad from iCloud. Could they still be on the iPad? I still have the iPad here

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
On the iPad go to Settings / iCloud all the things that can be synced are listed there are they all checked to sync again? Go to Settings / iTunes and App Store and select all the items under Automatic Downloads. Let me know
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

done and still no photos

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Go to icloud.com on your computer and look in Photos are they there? I meant for you to look at everything at icloud.com not just iCloud Drive...
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
If the Photos are there then in Settings / iCloud on the iPad make sure Photos is set to sync.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

still nothing

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
I need more information are the Photos there at iCloud.com??
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
If they are please go to Settings on the iPad to iCloud then select Photos and turn on iCloud Photo Library and check Optimize iPad Storage then turn on Upload to my Photo Stream
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

done and still nothing

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
OK please give me more details, are your photos at iCloud.com or not?
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
What about your contacts are they there at iCloud.com? I can't help you if you just tell me "still nothing"..... that does not help...